Barnum High School
Principal’s Newsletter – November 13-26
- With next week a short week, I am including it in this week's post.
- Thank you to all involved in the Veteran's Day program; thank you Mrs. Richardson and Mr. Newman for the planning, Mrs. Koski and Mr. Gilbertson for the music. Well done to all the students involved. This continues to be a great way to invite the community into our school and to honor our Veterans. .
- Thank you to Ms. Helland and Mrs. Bird for taking the kids to the math day at the zoo. The kids raved about the day!
- Thank you Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Oetterer for taking students to the WE Day 2017.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are set for this Tuesday, November 14 and Thursday, November 16 evenings. Tuesday's conferences will be held in the gym while Thursdays will be in individual classrooms. Be sure to thank the PTO for arranging meals for these evenings.
- Text4Life will be presenting to our students on November 20 and 21 during 5th period. Grades 10-12 will see the presentation on Monday the 20th and grades 7-9 will be presented to on Tuesday the 21st.
- For those teachers who volunteered to take a look at the schedule, we will start after Thanksgiving. I will send out official calendar invites this week. If you are interested in taking part in that conversation, you can still let me know.
- Continue the good work that you are doing in your PLCs. If you have questions or need resource, reach out to me.
- Please continue to send video and pictures to email@example.com. This is a great way to show the community all that we do throughout the school year.
- At the last NASC meeting, the tool Grammarly was brought up at my discussion table. This is a tool that checks your grammar when writing, kind of like spell check, but more in depth. This might be a tool for you to use professionally or with your students. www.grammarly.com
We will select students for the 2X10 list at the December 1 staff meeting. Have students in mind who would benefit from more deliberate adult interactions.
2017-2018 School Norms
- Be fully present while limiting distractions
- Respectfully acknowledge and appreciate colleagues’ different perspectives and skills
- Be professional and positive in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be accountable and responsible for individual roles
- Be prepared and on time
- Have the discussions before decisions are made
Meetings this Week
Tuesday - AM - CST
Wednesday - AM- PLCs
Thursday - AM - Reserved for MTSS(RTI)
Meetings NEXT Week
Tuesday - AM - CST PM - School Board Meeting
Wednesday - AM- PLCs