Barnum High School
Principal’s Newsletter – February 19-25
- Welcome back! I hope you were able to enjoy your extra weekend day.
- Parent/Teacher conferences are scheduled from 4:00-7:45 for this Thursday. They will be held in the gym.
- Semester 1 awards are Tuesday, February 20, for grades 7-9 and Thursday, February 22 for grades 10-12. The awards will be handed out in the auditorium during 5th period both days.
- Make sure you are doing your attendance at the beginning of each period. Thank you.
- There are some great things going on at our school. From our activities like Knowledge Bowl, History Day, Robotics, Math League, to athletics like basketball and hockey, our students are showing their talents. Thank you to all advisors and coaches for your dedication to our students.
- As I check in with PLCs, there are a few questions I will ask: 1. What are you implementing/experimenting with as a result of your PLC research? 2. How have you or will you know if there is meaningful impact? 3. Based on this impact, what are your plans moving forward? As you implement your PLC work, let me know and I will free myself up to observe you.
- Thank you for continuing to update Schoology weekly.
- Please continue to send video and pictures to email@example.com. This is a great way to show the community all that we do as we continue the school year. If you are a Twitter user, use #barnumbombers and #nascmn.
2017-2018 School Norms
- Be fully present while limiting distractions
- Respectfully acknowledge and appreciate colleagues’ different perspectives and skills
- Be professional and positive in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be accountable and responsible for individual roles
- Be prepared and on time
- Have the discussions before decisions are made
Meetings this Week
Tuesday - AM - CST PM - School Board Meeting
Wednesday - AM- PLCs PM - Scheduling Committee
Thursday - AM - Reserved for MTSS(RTI) PM - P/T Conferences
Friday - AM - Site Team Meeting