Barnum High School
Principal’s Newsletter – February 11-17
- This week is Snow Week. See the emails from Mrs. Johnson regarding the schedule. Monday - Pep fest at the end of the day, alternate schedule 1; Tuesday - Regular Schedule; Wednesday - History Day Presentations; Thursday - Class Competitions.
- Friday is a PLC Day. I have two agenda items we will meet about at 8:00 and the rest of the day is yours to work with your PLCs on essential standards and in class interventions. Meeting agenda: ALICE next steps and Schedule work.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences next Thursday, February 21 in the gym 3:45-7:45. This is the only day of the of conferences for the high school.
- The PBIS Student Appreciation Breakfast is scheduled for Friday, February 22. If you did not pick up your invitations, I will bring them around today. Invite one or two students and their parents. Thank you. I will put a student list in the lounge this morning.
- The 7th graders all successfully survived Winter Survival. This might have been one of the coldest days out in the nature center! Thank you to Mrs. Bird for providing this great experience for our students. Thank you, Mrs. Zhukov for helping and to all the teachers for covering the schedule.
- Standards can be found on the MDE Standards Website.
- Please share video and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great way to show the community all the great things you do at BHS. If you are a Twitter user, use #barnumbombers and #nascmn.
2018-2019 School Norms
- Be fully present while limiting distractions
- Respectfully acknowledge and appreciate colleagues’ different perspectives and skills
- Be professional and positive in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be accountable and responsible for individual roles
- Be prepared and on time
- Have the discussions before decisions are made
Meetings this Week
Tuesday - AM - CST
Wednesday - AM - PLC
Thursday - AM - Reserved for Grade Level Meetings AM - Site Team Meeting
Friday - AM - Faculty Meeting and PLC Day