Barnum High School
Principal’s Newsletter – May 25-June 4
- Thank you for your efforts in welcoming parents to our school as we celebrated students last Friday for the PBIS breakfast. The jazz band playing was a definite bonus, thank you Mr. Gilbertson. Thank you Lisa and Star for putting together the meal.
- Welcome our 6th grade students to BHS today. . Thank you to our counselors, teachers, and students who make it possible to host next year's 7th grade students.
- Graduation starts at 7:00 on Friday evening. A former colleague of mine reminded me a long time ago that these students are the reason we have a career and graduation is the ultimate celebration. The commencement ceremony is about our students and is a credit to all of you. I hope to see you all there. Thank you!
- Here is a copy of this week's schedule. This includes the finals schedule. If the talent show needs more time than scheduled, I will update Friday's half day schedule by Wednesday.
- Congratulations to the softball and golf teams on a successful season. Congratulations Brandon Calverley who advanced to the MN State Golf Tournament. The boys golf team finished 2nd in the section. Good luck to the baseball team as you enter playoffs and to our track and field athletes at the Section 7A meet. It might have been a short season, but the dedication of our athletes and coaches continue to represent our community well.
- Thank you all for a successful school year. I want to wish you all a wonderful summer.
- Please share video and pictures of the last week of school to email@example.com. This is a great way to show the community all that we do as we end our school year. If you are a Twitter user, use #barnumbombers and #nascmn.
- Here is a list of upcoming dates:
May 29 - 7th Grade Transition Day
May 31 - Section 7A Track and Field
May 31 - Baccalaureate
June 1 - Last Day of School and Graduation
June 4 - Last Day for Teachers
2017-2018 School Norms
- Be fully present while limiting distractions
- Respectfully acknowledge and appreciate colleagues’ different perspectives and skills
- Be professional and positive in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be accountable and responsible for individual roles
- Be prepared and on time
- Have the discussions before decisions are made