Barnum High School
Principal’s Newsletter – March 19-April 1
- Quarter 3 ends this Thursday. Quarter 4 begins Monday, April 2. Spring assessments start Tuesday, April 17.
- Grades are to be posted by the end of the day Friday.
- The teacher inservice scheduled on March 23 will have some scheduled meetings and time to finalize your grades. The schedule for the day has been emailed out.
- We are going to utilize alternate schedule #1 throughout April and May when our spring sports have multiple away events.
- Make sure you are doing your attendance at the beginning of each period. Accurate attendance ensures the safety of our students and credibility of our staff. Thank you.
- As you continue your PLC work into the 4th quarter, continue to evaluate the impact your work has on student learning and instructional practices. Continue to reflect on this impact and be purposeful on how you will finish the school year. If you are not sure about the impact of your PLC work on student learning, this should be a topic of conversation at an upcoming Wednesday morning meeting.
- The work you continue in your PLCs should be continuing. As you enter 4th quarter, continue to reflect on what meaningful impact has your work had on instruction and learning. What are your plans to continue this work and continue to implement the work you have accomplished?
- Thank you for continuing to update Schoology weekly.
- Please continue to send video and pictures to email@example.com. This is a great way to show the community all that we do as we continue the school year. If you are a Twitter user, use #barnumbombers and #nascmn.
- I want to wish you a very relaxing spring break.
2017-2018 School Norms
- Be fully present while limiting distractions
- Respectfully acknowledge and appreciate colleagues’ different perspectives and skills
- Be professional and positive in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be accountable and responsible for individual roles
- Be prepared and on time
- Have the discussions before decisions are made
Meetings this Week
Tuesday - AM - CST PM - School Board Meeting
Wednesday - AM- PLCs
Thursday - AM - Reserved for MTSS(RTI)
Friday - Inservice Day