Barnum High School
Principal’s Newsletter – May 21-27
- As our days of school count down, we are seeing behaviors tick up. There are many reasons for these behaviors and a variety of behaviors being displayed. Take time today during homeroom to remind students to stay focused and finish strong. You have all done a great job staying consistent with your expectations and purposefully teaching school wide and classroom expectations. It has shown in our referral data. Thank you.
- The spring PBIS breakfast is scheduled this Friday, May 25. If you have not invited a student, be sure to do that early this week. We will be hosting the breakfast in the auditorium.
- It is critical you take attendance each hour. We had a student absent last week and was marked absent for the first time during 7th period. This cannot happen.
- This is a great time of year to utilize Schoology to help students (and you) keep up with the busy pace of spring. Thank you for filling in for teacher-coaches as necessary.
- Please continue to send video and pictures to email@example.com. This is a great way to show the community all that we do as we end our school year. If you are a Twitter user, use #barnumbombers and #nascmn.
- Here is a list of upcoming dates:
May 22 - Jr. High and Elementary Band and Choir Concert
May 25 - PBIS Breakfast and the Last Day of School for Seniors
May 28 - No School - Memorial Monday
May 29 - 7th Grade Transition Day
May 31 - Baccalaureate
June 1 - Last Day of School and Graduation
June 4 - Last Day for Teachers
2017-2018 School Norms
- Be fully present while limiting distractions
- Respectfully acknowledge and appreciate colleagues’ different perspectives and skills
- Be professional and positive in both verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be accountable and responsible for individual roles
- Be prepared and on time
- Have the discussions before decisions are made
Meetings this Week
Tuesday - AM - CST
Wednesday - AM - PLCs - TBD
Thursday - AM - Reserved for MTSS(RTI)